Thursday, April 26, 2007

The tale of two new friends.....

Two new friends have made an impact on my life. A huge impact. I never thought I would like these friends, as they always seemed so cold and imposing....almost mean. So, I would always avoid getting together with them. I would send others from the family to see them, but I would shun their company.

At the beginning of April, I decided to take the plunge and meet with my adversaries. Tackle the giants, so to speak. But, I was too chicken to go alone to face them, so I took Kathryn along. She had met them before; she wasn't afraid. If she could face them, I should be able to, right?

Surprisingly, we have gotten along together very well. I see these friends at least 4 times a week now, although we don't have any set time for gathering. The rest of life still goes on around us. They have others to see, and I have more to do than spend my time in their company.

What is even more amazing is that while I dreaded meeting them for such a long time, I now consider them such close friends that I truly missed them when I was recently in Longview for 5 days. I saw them again tonight, for the first time since returning from our trip. Kathryn accompanied me again, even though she wasn't sure she really wanted to go tonight. I said that I would have my reunion with my friends, with or without her. It was a happy reunion. How I ever convinced myself that these friends were cold and mean, I'll never know. Others told me I would like them, if I gave them a chance. Now I am a firm believer that first impressions, while important, can be overlooked when you are willing to go the extra mile.

May I present my two new friends?

I am pleased to introduce Mr. Tread Mill and Ms Recumbent Bike.



I believe the title of the song is "Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles!"

4 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Ryan Kelly said...

You had me going for a minute there... was thinking of a bunch of people you didn't like...was wondering who you made up with...

ROFL - Just kidding...sort of!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger ~b~ said...

You really had me going, I'll tell ya. I could not imagine you having an impression like that about any of your friends. I was in shock! Do I really know this woman? Whew!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger ~b~ said...

by the way, are you seeing these friends at the college? they look like the machines in their cardio room.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jenileigh said...

Hey there. Thanks for commented on my blog page. I'm home now and did enjoy our little vacation.

I have one of those friends you have pictured here but haven't fellowshipped with her in a L-O-N-G while. Your post has encouraged me however to reunite our friendship! So tomorrow is the set date. We shall see! So happy to hear that your doctors appointment was perfect too! Praise God! I look forward to reading more about you soon..once I have recooperated some! :) {{{Big Hugs}}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home