Sunday, November 11, 2007

3 month check up....

This past Thursday was my three month check up at Dr. Holmes' office. After all of the hubbub of August's visit, I decided to downplay this one as much as possible. Getting blood drawn wasn't going to be a big deal. Just go to the doctor. Just DO it!

Try as I might, it's still hard not to think too much when those appointments come around. But, I still tried to keep cool about it when Thursday came. Having an afternoon appointment didn't make the wait any easier, either.

I saw NP Janice this time as Dr. Holmes was at an all day breast cancer clinic. The office was really busy; my 2PM appointment time turned into a 3:15 time. Appointments are so much shorter these days, though, when there are no real "issues" to discuss. The bottom line for Thursday's appointment is that my blood work is still good, and there are NO signs of recurrence! Praise the Lord!

My next appointment with Dr. Holmes is set for February, 2008. That month, I also will see the radiation oncologist. In the mean time, there are birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, wedding plans, and a lot of LIFE to live!!!

"Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works."
1 Chronicles 16:8-9

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Hurray! So glad to hear this wonderful report.

You got me! After not seeing any new posts for so long, I switched to your family blog. Reading it all week, I didn't check this one!!

I thank the Lord for His tremendous kindness and care of you.

Blessings and sweet LIFE!

Hug!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Pearl said...

What a great blessing! I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can't wait to hear about your shopping adventures the day after.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Minkydo said...

Okay, so I am late reading this. PTL. I am so happy for you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home