Friday, January 18, 2008

730 days later........

January 18, 2006 was spent sitting in a doctor's office hearing news that would change my life forever. "You have breast cancer." Welcome to the club.

Fast forward 730 days to January 18, 2008:

So far today, I have:
  • awakened next to my husband, to the sound of rain on the roof
  • seen Justin off to work
  • taken the girls to piano lessons, getting to drive for the first time on the new bypass!
  • returned a dress to Macy's
  • stopped at McD's for coffee to ward off the chills of a damp and drizzly January morning
  • stopped at the grocery store to purchase chicken for dinner
  • made deposits at the credit union
  • picked the girls up from piano lessons
  • driven home
  • chatted with the neighbor to schedule Kathryn to babysit
  • invited a friend and her husband to use extra opera tickets we have for this evening
  • read countless e-mails, blog posts and news update

And.......it's only 1 P.M.!

There are still countless things to do today and more on the docket for tomorrow and the days and weeks to come. There trips being planned. There is a wedding being planned! There is LIFE to live!!!

I humbly give thanks to God for giving me these past 730 days. Who knows what tomorrow may bring; there are no guarantees. While so much that goes on each day might seem mundane, and at times even frustrating, I constantly purpose to appreciate each and every one of those days He gives me as a precious gift. I don't ever want to take them for granted.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." ~ Psalm 90:12

"Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee." ~ Psalm 63:3

3 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

How glad I am for the celebration of your 730 days! May He grant you millions more!!

With much love to you!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Jerzydeb said...

Kim - I've often checked just to see how you were doing. Your post today reminds me just how blessed I am (and also how much time I've wasted in front of this computer today - think of what I could have accomplished ) I went back to re-read your post about your two new friends - and made a commitment to get to know my friend a bit better this year as well LOL.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the Zoji - waiting to see if my ebay sales for the week will cover it - maybe it'll be a gold box item before then????? I can only hope !

Jerzy

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Wendy aka "Grits" said...

(((Kim)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home