Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update

I had a follow up check up with Dr. Fan today. He is the radiation oncologist who replaced Dr. Reddy last year. I think I was in and out of the office building within 30 minutes. In fact, when I commented on the speed with which I was getting attention, the nurse offered to let me sit in the waiting room for an hour, "to get the full doctor experience!" I declined her kind offer.

There is really nothing new to report. This is truly a case of "no news is GOOD news!" Dr. Fan asked me the usual questions, to which I relplied "No" to all of them. He examined my incision area and said everything looked good. I will return in 6 months to see him unless I have a reason to come in earlier.

God is good. Ryan is getting married this Saturday. God, in His timing and grace, has allowed me to be able to live these past 2 years and watch Ryan's relationship with Noelle blossom. For that, I am grateful. It is humbling to know that life is so fragile, and yet our Creator loves each of us and grants us the desires of our hearts. So, I am privileged to join another club this weekend - that of "mother-in-law." It will be an honor.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger marky said...

Praising with you on the NO news being GOOD news!!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

What wonderful news and what wonderful new status!! May the Lord allow you the blessing of watching many more aisle trips and the subsequent status of "grandmama." :-)

With love,
Colleen

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Cathy Womble said...

So glad to hear you are doing well. Congrats on joining the "mother-in-law" club. I have been a member for 2 years today. I have 2 sons-in-law.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home