Thursday, February 23, 2006

No news is good news!

Lack of Internet access at the house since Tuesday afternoon has kept me away from the blog. However, the local library is a great source for Internet access, if one is in need. So, here I sit. I have deleted numerous e-mail messages from my inbox, read those of interest, and I decided to post a bit of an update. It is just a bit of an update, since there is really nothing to report!

Thanks be to God, I have experienced very few effects from this first round of chemo! I have noticed a bit more fatigue (always a good excuse to take a quick nap!), and my sleep patterns have been disturbed a bit. The past 2 mornings I have awakened at 4 A.M., after going to bed around 11. So, my mornings have been starting much earlier, with breakfast coming way too early (usually by 6). I find I am ready for my nap as the girls are starting breakfast; I seem ready for lunch by 10:30, too! Even though I am not sure what is exactly at the root of this, I am suspecting that it is related to the anti-nausea meds I have been taking since Tuesday. Since I don't have any more of these meds to take until my next "big chemo day," I am hoping that things settle back into their normal pattern soon. Time shall tell.

Other than this small inconvenience, I have felt no ill effects from the massive amount of drugs that were pumped into my system on Monday. I am so grateful to the Lord for sustaining me in this way. I have been able to tackle a few more projects that have been hanging on my "to do" list, and the girls and I even got a special dinner & library "date night" in last night.

My heart overflows with gratitude to all of you dear ones who have called, e-mailed, sent cards, provided meals and gifts. It is humbling beyond measure to experience such an outpouring of love and care. Mere words of thanks seem so insignificant; may God bless each of you even more than you have blessed our family.

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." ~Psalm 136:1

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Leni said...

Glad to hear it's going well. I've been checking in and praying, hoping that it was "better than expected."

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger TobyBo said...

Hi Kim,

You are in my prayers and I hope you are still doing well a few days after the first round.

Under the Mercy,

Toby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home