Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yes.....I still have my hair....in case you were wondering!

That seems to be the most commonly asked question these days. I am finishing up day 16, heading into day 17 (of chemo treatment), and my hair is still here. The nurses told me to expect to have it start falling out 14 days after the first treatment. Honestly, I am seeing signs of its coming demise, but I am happy to have it around for as long as it stays.....gray hairs, too!

Yesterday's Herceptin treatment went without a hitch.....well, if I don't count the fact that they didn't have me scheduled for blood work, which delayed things starting by about 30 minutes. But once that got taken care of (and I was assured that there was a note made in my chart that I am supposed to have blood drawn each week), the drug treatment was over in no time. I met a lady from The Woodlands, sitting in the chair next to me. She was having her very first treatment, although she has already had her surgery. We chatted a bit about the differences in each other's cases, as well as how individual and specific the treatments are for breast cancer. She gave me some things to consider for when it is time for my surgery; I was able to answer some questions for her about what to expect from her time in the clinic. It seems weird to say I had a good time getting chemo.....but I did.

And then - the Herceptin bag was empty, and I was free to leave!

I've felt pretty good again today, and I just praise God for the lack of side effects I have experienced so far. I know that many of you have been praying along those lines; God has been faithful in answering those prayers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Next Monday brings my second "big" day. I am eagerly anticipating it as it will mean one less cycle on the calendar, making only 6 more to go! I am also looking forward to seeing what other great things God will be doing and how He will be using me during this time.

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver" ~Psalm 119:71-72

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home