Wednesday, April 19, 2006

God is in control......always and forever

This Monday was the first day I've been concerned about my labwork results. I remembered to ask for a copy right before I left the doctor's office, but I didn't look at the numbers until I got home. What I saw was a LOT of line items reading "L" and "LL", denoting that these levels were either low or very low. I am by no means an expert at reading lab results, but I do know that if certain levels get too low, I won't be able to receive my chemo treatment next Monday.

Next Monday, I am scheduled to receive my 4th chemo cycle, placing me halfway through the "plan." I know I will then be due for another heart scan (MUGA) and who knows what else as they test to see what toll the first couple of months have taken on the rest of my body. This is a treatment I r-e-a-l-l-y don't want to miss. So, faced with these low numbers, I found myself thinking what I could do to get those numbers up. I looked on the Internet; I asked friends. I was going out of town, until Friday, so there was really nothing I could do with the doctors, as I would be out of the area. I found myself getting frustrated and shaken, realizing that there was virtually nothing I could do. I would just have to see what happened on Monday, with the next blood draw.

Last night, as I was lying awake (although trying to fall asleep!), I realized that I had taken my eyes off of the One who could change the numbers. Why should bloodwork be exempt from God's control? More importantly, why didn't I think of that first before wasting all my time worrying about what I could do to fix things? Don't get me wrong - I know that there are ways to boost the immune system and build a healthier body. But those things are long term processes, not something that can be achieved in less than a week. Coupled with my out of town trip, quick fixes aren't available right now. But.....prayer is. And petitioning the Lord for good numbers on Monday is a good way to focus my attention on His works rather than mine.

So, I would ask for your prayers this week, that God would work in my body to rebuild my blood to the point that the numbers would be favorable for me to receive the chemo treatment on Monday. He is Jehovah Rophi....the Lord who heals.

"And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee." ~Exodus 15:26

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Just checking back in and praying for God's will for those little blood cells that He miraculously made and can heal and increase. You certainly are in the palm of His hand. :)

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger TXArtcGal said...

(((Kim)))) You definitely have my prayers! You are such a strong soul...and your faith in the Lord shines through strongly as well! Again...praying for you! (((Kim)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home