Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Feeling human again

Last week's chemo treatment didn't seem to cause me much distress until the latter part of the week. And then, I wasn't feeling really bad....just very tired and achy. I even stayed home from church on Sunday, just to get some extra rest. Well, a good night of sleep work wonders, and I awoke Monday morning feeling much more well rested and "normal."

Yesterday's Herceptin treatment came and went without much fanfare. Michael was my treatment "buddy" again, working out of the back of the van in the parking garage (the saying "I can work anywhere with a computer and internet access" being put into action here!) while I was in the doctor's office. After a good nap in the afternoon, I was feeling pretty well again. I commented to a friend this morning how it seems strange that the treatments are becoming almost routine. School has a routine. Home life has a routine. Now cancer treatments have a routine. 2 months ago, when life seemed turned upside down by this diagnosis, I don't think I could have imagined anything being routine again. I think that the key here is balance. It is good that we can have a routine....that we can rest in God's sovereignty and not worry over every little glitch in life. However, it is also important not to become complacent, taking God for granted. He still wants us to come to Him for our daily bread....for His perfect peace and rest.

Hair update: still hanging in there....barely.....as it continues to shed profusely, I wonder if a shearing party is in order. Somehow, I just can't bring myself to go to that extreme. Call me chicken. Call me vain. I know it is only hair; but, it is my hair!

Many thanks again for the continued prayer support that we have from friends and family around the country. Our church family has been taking such good care of us, sending meals home each week. Having something already prepared after treatments on Mondays has been such a blessing. I have said it before, but it bears repeating - the depth of care and concern shown to our family during this time has been so humbling. We are so very grateful and pray God's blessing over each of you, as you have blessed us.

Like A River Glorious (Frances R. Havergal)

Like a river glorious, is God’s perfect peace,
Over all victorious, in its bright increase;
Perfect, yet it floweth, fuller every day,
Perfect, yet it groweth, deeper all the way.

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.

Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand,
Never foe can follow, never traitor stand;
Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care,
Not a blast of hurry touch the spirit there.

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.


Every joy or trial falleth from above,
Traced upon our dial by the Sun of Love;
We may trust Him fully all for us to do.
They who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true.

Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blest
Finding, as He promised, perfect peace and rest.

4 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Leni said...

Thanks for the update, lady. You are continually on my mind.

My kids pray for Mrs. Kim from the picture on the fridge!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Thank your kiddos for the prayers. Little did I know that those Christmas photos would come in so handy!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger TobyBo said...

Hi Kim,

I am always so glad to read your report.

I imagine you've seen this, but if not: http://www.crosswalk.com/faith/1383847.html?view=print

Under the Mercy,

Toby

Oh, and by the way, have you got any more of those Christmas photos? My fridge would have room for one, too. :)

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger TXArtcGal said...

Thanks for updating us all! You are on my mind and in my heart each day! ((((Kim))))

Still praying here!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home