Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Traveling on Tuesday.........

Today was much drier than yesterday even though we still got overnight rain, and it was raining as I drove to the doctor's office. But the roads were clear, so I was able to report for my appointment with no trouble. Labwork was no trouble, either. I did see a few of my Monday friends today since they, too, had rescheduled their appointments from yesterday. The clinic was full.

I found out that one of my favorite nurses transferred to another office. WAH! I hate it when they just up and leave and don't let you know. Granted, it's not like they must tell you these things. But last week, she didn't say "boo" about it. Today I hear "Nurse M will be at X office permanently from now on." I feel cheated; I didn't get to say goodbye. I didn't get a chance to thank her for the care she's given me over the months I've been going there. There is another nurse now to take her place. But she doesn't know me yet. Changes.....I never have liked them...

Only 2 more cycles to go!

This week I am supposed to go for an appointment to talk about having genetic testing done. This test would determine whether or not I carry a mutant gene which makes me predisposed to breast cancer. My family history indicates that it is probably true. While having that information really doesn't matter as far as my diagnosis, it would give us information that my surgeon would use in determining exactly what surgical procedure to do in August. As it looks right now, our insurance doesn't cover either the consultation on Thursday or the actual test itself. Please pray for wisdom as we decide whether or not to go ahead with the testing as most likely the test will be quite costly (what isn't these days?). God can definitely provide the funds, if necessary.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."~Proverbs 3:5-6

2 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Isn't Lynn's son a gift to us all??? I just love him! OK...and HER!!! LOL!

Glad to hear you got to your appt. safely :-)

About the nurse...I'm sorry :-( I agree with Lynn...you will be one of the "good" ones she'll remember!

Love ya, ((((Kim)))).

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger TXArtcGal said...

It was good to hear you made it safely!...and glad the lab work went smooth. I'm sorry you didn't get to say goodbye to Nurse M! How dare she! I have heard of that genetic testing...I saw it on a television show called, "Starting Over."

Praying hard over here! ((((Kim))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home