Friday, May 19, 2006

No MUGA today.......

Don't you hate it when you are practically on your way OUT the door for an appointment, and someone calls to CANCEL it?! That is what just happened with my heart scan (MUGA). It wouldn't be so irritating except that Tomball Hospital and I have an adversarial relationship when it comes to this particular teat. In January, when I was in the throes of testing AND dealing with the news of this diagnosis, they rescheduled the test without my knowledge....so, when I went there, they said, "Oh, you have been rescheduled for Monday." Grrr, you can be sure that Patient Relations heard from me on that one!

This time, I was barely home from scheduling the test before they were calling to reschedule it.....for today. This was two weeks ago. Just a few minutes ago, I was getting ready to leave to go over to the hospital when I received a call to reschedule the test AGAIN. Sigh. Don't ask me why....something about new software and the cameras not working properly....blah, blah, blah. He lost me at, "we need to reschedule."

Anyway, my new test date is next Thursday. Now, I still have to go out to run the errands that I saved for that trip. So much for fuel economy today!

FYI, an update on this week's side effects - definite fatigue, as my sleep patterns have been disrupted, although it isn't anything a nap or two won't cure (if there is time for a nap!), gastrointestinal distress of MAJOR proportions (how does one put that delicately?), and enough reflux to bring me back to eating mostly "white" food again. The possible issues with my hands and feets (pain, redness, and tingling) haven't manifested themselves yet, so I am glad about that.

Off to take care of the rest of life!

3 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Leni said...

Tell them if they don't knock it off, a bunch of irate homeschool moms will be on their doorstep hounding them!!!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger ~b~ said...

Hugs to you, Kim. Hope they don't reschedule again!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Sam Wick said...

Okay, I am TOTALLY commenting on yours now that I'm over my fear of registering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home