Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Thank you for your prayers.....

I passed yesterday's labwork test! Yay! I was able to receive my fourth round of chemo without a hitch. My doctor's appointment was encouraging as well, as the doctor noted that she couldn't even feel the lymph node to measure it. She sent me away with an order for another PET scan as well as a heart scan. The PET scan will help her to see what is actually going on with the tumors, as right now, as she describes it, "We are working in the dark." Since she can't feel anything right now, she can't know for sure what is actually still there. The heart scan is to help determine how my heart muscle has responded to the 10 weeks of Herceptin. So, by my next office visit (3 weeks) we should have more clinical evidence of what my status is.

I came home yesterday feeling exhausted. More tired than I have in a long time. Thank the Lord for cheap pizza night at Papa John's! Everyone was happy, and I didn't have to cook. I laid down for a rest after dinner and ended up sleeping for 1.5 hours. I was afraid that the nap would interfere with my regular sleep, but thankfully I had no problem sleeping until 6 this morning.

I thank you again for your prayers and notes of encouragement that have come over the past few weeks. It is very special to have so many people conveying their love and well wishes.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." ~James 5:16

4 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger TXArtcGal said...

(((Kim))) Thank you so much for the update!!...and, it is GREAT news!! You have been in my prayers daily!! :) God is good...and, I know you are strong!!...with this combo, I have faith you are going to beat this!

Thanks for visiting my blog...and, I smile every time I see that you do!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Leni said...

That is wonderful news!!! I am so thrilled with how God is bringing you through all of this!

Leni<><

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger ~b~ said...

hey, kim! i am trying to comment again! so thankful that God answers prayers and that you received your treatment as planned!
love ya,girl!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Still praying . . . just stopping by for antoher update and rejoicing with this news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home