Thursday, May 11, 2006

Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk

I have a friend named Jaybird. Well, that's really not her name but her online name. She is training right now for a very important event in her city. It's called the Breast Cancer 3-Day. That's right....Jaybird is working hard now so she can walk 60 (yes, sixty!) miles over 3 days to raise money to help fund research for to help find a cure for breast cancer.

I told her that I wanted to help her reach her support goal, so I would tell you about her efforts here. If you are interested in learning more, please visit her fundraising page. Please consider a small donation to the cause. Just in my own extended family alone, there have been 6 women besides myself who have been touched by this disease. If I was to include friends and acquaintances in that total, I would need more than my 2 hands to count. It's sad, but true.

I'm on Jaybird's team - how about you?

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Cubmaster said...

I've said it before but I will say it again!!! KIM, you are awesome! :) Thank you so much for spreading the word about the walk and my fundraising.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home