Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Coming out of the fog......slowly......

Last week is a blur. I walked out of the doctor's office in a fog and never really woke up all week long! Why was this chemo treatment so rough? Who knows; all I can say is that last week's "to do" list has rolled over to this week's. I still have to schedule the PET and heart scans. I think I will try to get that done today, too.

"White" food has become a staple in my life. White bread, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, rice, saltines.....get the picture? It seems as though anything with too much "color" sets off a chain reaction in my digestive tract. The heartburn alone is overwhelming at times. This creates problems in the meal planning department here, too. I have found it hard to get the creative juices flowing when I have no desire to eat the food....or can't eat the food. Having Michael and Justin out of town may be God's way of dealing with this for me. The girls are much more flexible and forgiving than hungry men!

All in all, things are going well. Indigestion, digestive troubles and fatigue are minor complaints in the grand scheme of things. Having a head that resembles a beloved character out of a Charlie Brown comic is a minor thing, too. I have so many things to be thankful for - family, friends, and most importantly, a Heavenly Father who is holding my hand each step of this uncertain path. When I am weak, He is strong.

What a Friend We Have in Jesus (Joseph M. Scriven, 1855)

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised
Thou wilt all our burdens bear;
May we ever, Lord, be bringing
All to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright, unclouded,
There will be no need for prayer—
Rapture, praise, and endless worship
Will be our sweet portion there.

4 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Leni said...

Sorry you had such a rough week. You've been on my mind a lot lately. Praying for you even more!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

((((Kim))))

You are in my thoughts and prayers today!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Came by for another update, and sorry it was a rough week. My thoughts & prayers are with you. It's a fight you are going through now. Keep fighting.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger TXArtcGal said...

You've been on my mind a lot lately, Kim. Praying hard over here for you!! (((((Kim)))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home