Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What a difference a week makes.......

No, my fingertips didn't seem any less red to me today, but I am not the one signing the chemo orders. They did look less red to those in charge ("the issue is resolved"), so TPTB signed the orders, and I got my drugs. I think it rather strange that I, the person who shrinks from taking cold meds and aspirin, would be so excited about getting toxic drugs pumped through my veins. "Whatever it takes," is my new motto! The actual infusion time was uneventful, and Nurse M was back, filling in for someone on vacation - I got a chance to say an official goodbye and extend my thanks to her.

Ryan drove me to chemo today, since he was in town for the holiday weekend. It was nice to have someone to drive with. We also ran a few errands and had lunch at Panera, taking home the proverbial "mother lode" in bagels.

I got a short nap in upon returning home, waking just in time to head to dinner and the mall with Ryan and the girls. Justin was taking a law school final at home this evening, and I wanted him to have it as quiet as possible. On our drive home, I told Ryan that this was the first time I had undertaken so much activity on a chemo day. I wonder how I will feel tomorrow.......as we head out for the day to Kemah.....hmmm, time will tell.

Thus began my second to the last cycle.......only 6 more weeks left, Lord willing!

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger TXArtcGal said...

(((Kim)))

Thanks for the update! I have been wondering about you.

I do hope you have a pleasant day today with your family, and that you were able to get some rest! It sure does sound like you had a VERY busy day yesterday!

(((Kim))) Praying over here!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Sam Wick said...

Wow! You guys stay busy even in spite of the chemo. Bravo! Good to chat with Ry on Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home