Monday, September 18, 2006

Am I glowing yet?

I had my first radiation treatment this afternoon. As expected, it was relatively short and painless. I say relatively, since they did need to retake one more x-ray, and the longer my arms have to stay above my head, the more pain is involved. But, I was in and out in seemingly no time at all. Good thing, too, because it was really hot in there.....they had a problem with the A/C unit, and there were huge fans all over the place. Hoping for a cooler time tomorrow.

After my radiation treatment, I had a follow up appointment with my surgeon. It was quick and much more painless than the last time I saw him (when he removed the drain and staples!). He said everything looked as though it was healing nicely. He also told me that I need to continue doing those goofy arm exercises until I have regained all the mobility in my arm. Yes, sir! I finally got my hands on a copy of the pathology report, one month post surgery. It didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know, but it's nice to finally have it to put in my chart.

So, I will continue to go for radiation treatments Monday through Friday for 6 and one half weeks. That takes me to the end of October. I know it will be here in the blink of an eye. I received my cancer diagnosis eight months ago today, and that seems as though it was only yesterday. So much has happened in eight months.....so many lessons to learn.....so many things for which to be thankful.

".....for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow." ~Jeremiah 31: 13b

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Yes! You are glowing! You radiate Jesus in this journey and life, even through these internet posts. Thank you for sharing all you have.

Today, I will have a post on my blog about you, to enter your name in a contest, "Support a Mom". Even if you are the mom chosen, I know others who read this will find your blog an encouragement.

http://joyinthemorning.clubmom.com

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Leni said...

Sure has been a packed season, hasn't it? Somewhat of a whirlwind.

You're doing terrific, friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home