Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Another week, another treatment.....

Just the facts, ma'am. I am not complaining, as I have passed the halfway mark in my radiation treatments!

Today marked treatment number 17; I am scheduled to have 33. I normally would have seen the doctor today after my treatment, but he had meetings to attend. I will see him tomorrow. Since the staff didn't want to disappoint me and let me go early, today they repeated my CT scan. The doctor wants to see if he can change the radiation fields a bit. So, in addition to today's treatment, I had another CT scan and x-rays.

I'll be curious to see what the doctor has to say tomorrow when I see him. I am just beginning to feel the effects of treatments. There is some noticeable redness to my skin as well as some bouts of really obnoxious itching. Hopefully, he'll be able to give me some easy fix for the issue. The extra fatigue which seems to be setting in is something for which he probably has no easy fix. That's ok........I've been tired before and know that a nap is a good thing!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to Jaybird's walk to help fight breast cancer. I know who some of you are, but others may have been anonymous supporters, and this is the only way I know to thank you. Please know that I appreciate the love with which you gave of yourselves.

“Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me” ~Matthew 25:37-40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home