Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Earthly remedies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For someone who has rarely needed to get a prescription filled in decades, this year has been an interesting one filled with many a trip to the pharmacy. This past week, I added three more prescriptions to my arsenal. All of them are supposed to help alleviate some of the skin issues I am dealing with due to the radiation treatments. Each of them has a specific purpose, and it has become a game to remember which item gets applied to which area and why (moist, dry, itchy, peeling,.....).

Since today is my final radiation treatment (celebration and party to follow!), I know that these inconveniences will be short-lived. The radiation oncologist did tell me yesterday, "It will probably get worse before it gets better." But, I am ready with my gigantic tubs of seemingly every concoction known to man (we have been reviving the use of the word "salve" around our house lately....a favorite word of my dad!). More importantly, I have my confidence NOT in these earthly rememdies (although they certainly help!), but in the healing power that comes by prayer and supplication at the foot of the cross.

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." ~Isaiah 53:4-5

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger TobyBo said...

Yeehaw! Count me in on the celebration!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home