Wednesday, January 03, 2007

An even quicker check in......

The race is on to complete all the preparations for our trip to Chicago for my dad's funeral. The week has been filled with so much activity, it has been hard to think. I shudder to think what the week might have been like had we not already done a lot of planning.

I had another Herceptin treatment on Tuesday, moved from Monday due to the holiday. I have only 2 more left! It was a quick time in the clinic and quiet, too. But I did get to see a lady whom I had missed seeing for a while. It was nice to see a familiar face. Please pray for Janet as she struggles with cancer which has metastisized.

I also picked up a compression sleeve today, as I realized yesterday that my plane flight might require one. Thankfully, they had what I needed in stock at the boutique, so it was a relatively "in and out" trip.

Many thanks for the cards and prayers that have already been extended in sympathy for my dad's passing. It is a comfort to know that you all are keeping us uplifted when we need it the most.

Off to pack for cooler temps - yea!

2 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Kim, may your trip be safe and your comfort great, in Jesus' name!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Pearl said...

Hey Kim,

It’s Kim. I am a friend of Shannon’s. My family grew up next door to the Murray’s.
My mom and Jan are best friends. Anyway I am sure you know by now that I saw Ryan at the airport. I happened to be in Chicago the same weekend you all were. It was so weird because I just knew that I knew this guy. I felt I like I knew him really well and then it hit me he was Shannon’s cousin. I only knew him because of your blog. So then I am faced with do I say hi or not? I really kind of felt like a stalker or something, I have been wanting to comment on your blog but the whole blog thing and comment about strangers lives still seems a little awkward to me.

Anyway you have been a true blessing to me as I read your blog and witness your faith. Thank you for being so strong and such a true testament of the Lord!
You can comment on my blog or email me at kimmers_tx@yahoo.com. Or you do not have to comment at all! By the way you also have a great name!
Blessings Kim Miller

 

Post a Comment

<< Home