Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Check off another Herceptin treatment

I got another 3 week dose of Herceptin this past Monday. That means there are two more treatments in January and one FINAL one in February. Wow........it seems almost impossible to think about it really ending. Once I complete those, I should be able to have my port removed. Too bad that means another outpatient surgery, but Dr. Harkins is a nice man, and I haven't seen him since August..........

I have spent most of this week shopping like a maniac. I am trying to finish up my Christmas shopping before we leave on vacation since we won't be back until right before Christmas. As I was walking out of the mall today (my second time there in 3 days!), I was thinking how very grateful I am that I am not undergoing chemo or radiation right now. Just imagine how tiring it would be, preparing for the holidays, with a body taxed to its limit by drugs or photons. This realization gave me a good reason to stop right there and thank the Lord for His timing, but more importantly, to also pray for everyone I saw in the clinic on Monday. There were a lot of tired and sick ladies there, just trying to manage life, let alone do Christmas shopping. They certainly need an extra measure of grace during this time of added stress and busyness.

I'll report back after we return from the ski trip. Hopefully, there will be many fun stories to recount and no mention of injuries!

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger TobyBo said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home