Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Styling

I got my hair cut yesterday. Well, cut might be a bit of an over exaggeration. Trimmed might be a better choice of words. Actually, it would be more precise to say that the stylist snipped off about 1/8 of an inch of frizzy ends. She said she would "give me more shape." Yeah, right. But, I really did feel better after I left the salon. One more step back to normalcy, I suppose.

There is only one shape to my head right now. Round. Picture a bowling ball Chia Pet with about 1 and 1/2 inches of growth. Oh, I am not complaining. It's nice to see hair growing back again. It's coming in very thick....and curly.....and with about twice as much gray as before......

Ryan has asked me if I am going to be daring and shed my wig. What he doesn't know is that I haven't always been wearing my wig. Lately, I have only been wearing it when I go to church (sure don't want to scare all those little kids!) or places where people know me but don't know about the diagnosis. And an occasional trip out for dinner or a movie. Other than that, I've been going au naturelle. The stylist was trying so hard to be reassuring yesterday. It was actually a little funny as she told me that in 6 months or so, I can come back in, and she'll fix me up with a real style and color!

So, the question still remains..........which "me" will end up in this year's family photo? Since Ryan will be in town for Thanksgiving this weekend, I guess the decision will be forced upon me soon.

3 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger TobyBo said...

Pictures, pictures, we want pictures. I vote for the Chia look. :) I would say that is something to be incredibly thankful for.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

It good to see you are on the road to recovery. I have watched one of my good friends go through this. Her hair even came in a different colour. She did not like wearing wigs either. I have just been very touched how you have kept your faith through this. You have been a great example to many.

http://joyinthemorning.clubmom.com/

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

We will never take hair for granted again, will we?!?! And, no more bad hair days—any hair is a good day! ;-) You are beautiful!! Do we get to see your family photo, please??? Joy and blessings, dear Kim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home