Monday, January 22, 2007

One more to go

Today's Herceptin treatment means I only have one more left. I will finish 3 weeks from today, Lord willing. Before then, I have appointments to have a mammogram, see my GYN, get bloodwork done and have another MUGA (heart) scan. I realize that it seems like a lot to do, but it all needs to be done as I will also see the oncologist before I get my final treatment that day. They want to have all the latest results available for my visit. Then, after that Monday, I will see the radiation oncologist later that week for a 3 month check up.

Gradually, I see myself being weaned from the safety net of the medical community that has been monitoring me over the past year. We will keep in contact over the months, and I will be diligent in getting whatever tests done and appoinments made. It just seems a bit weird to be "on my own." I know that I am not truly on my own, though, and so grateful that I have the widest safety net available to me in my Heavenly Father's loving arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home